McAfee is a leader in the internet security software industry. Used by millions of people all over the world and is highly reliable. It includes a virus checker, security firewall and malware remover kit. But, even though this is also true that several people choose not to go for the McAfee and secure their devices with other web security. This is totally because of the restriction of their service; McAfee might stop user from browsing websites and downloading applications or software that are safe for the device. Another major issue like other leading firms is that McAfee takes a lot of memory and has been known to slow down the performance of PC.
McAfee is an outstanding antivirus solution when it comes to securing your device from viruses, worms, Trojans, data or identity theft applications. However, you may come up with a slowdown problem when surfing the internet, checking chats, or moving from one application to another. Slowdown can happen due to several reasons mentioned below in the McAfee support instructions. The guide will also support you fix some of the common McAfee Antivirus technical issues that slow down your computer performance.
Instructions to identify Slow PC:
- If the internet connection is sluggish, it may take a lot of time for McAfee to run a malware scan, install and download the latest updates, or do full length scanning. So, if you are performing something on your device like browsing the web or seeing emails while McAfee is working in the background, you may experience a slowdown issue. Contact your Internet service provider and ask for a high speed connection. In addition, let McAfee do virus scans or get updates when the PC is idle. Yes, if the PC is sitting in idle state, open McAfee and run a virus scan. Call McAfee Antivirus Technical Support for any further technical issue.
- If the predefined firewall in your McAfee Antivirus software (the latest version of McAfee comes with firewall facility), it may cause technical issue with your internet connectivity. If you have already firewall present on your PC, do not activate the McAfee firewall. This technique will improve your internet speed, making your web browsing faster. Call McAfee Antivirus Technical Support for any further technical issue.
- If you have Low (RAM) that is computer memory, you may face a slowdown in your PC when McAfee Antivirus goes for the installation of updates, patches etc. Often, such technical issue happens in an old device that has minimum RAM. To deal with the slowdown technical issue, add a new RAM stick to your PC. Call McAfee Antivirus Technical Support for any further technical issue.
- If you have other antivirus software on your PC along with McAfee, it can make your PC to slow down. It is due too, two antivirus software always conflict with each other as they look to fetch files concurrently from your PC. You must always uninstall the other antivirus software to make sure that McAfee performs perfectly and properly on your PC. Call McAfee Antivirus Technical Support for any further technical issue.
- Sometimes a poorly installed McAfee update can also be major reason for slowing down the PC’s speed. If you have tracked down to see that it’s not a program or your PC which is causing the slowdown issue, uninstall the McAfee Antivirus update. If you don’t know how to uninstall a McAfee update, read the steps mentioned below. Call McAfee Antivirus Technical Support for any further technical issue.
Steps to Uninstall McAfee
Uninstall of McAfee depends on the version of your Windows OS; the steps mentioned will be clear so that everyone can understand. The below method cannot assure that all files and other folders will be deleted, but it will eliminate the McAfee initial application and any instant supporting data.
To uninstall McAfee for the Windows XP Operating System (or below) you must:
- Tap on Start; move to Settings and then access your Control Panel.
- Double tap on the Add/Remove Programs icon.
- Choose the McAfee “Security Centre” from the opened list.
- Tap on Remove and continue the steps offered by Windows.
To uninstall McAfee for the Windows 7 Operating system you must:
- Tap on Start, move to the Search area and enter in Programs and Features. Hit enter.
- Tap on the Programs and Features icon.
- Choose the McAfee “Security Centre” from the opened list.
- Tap on Uninstall and continue the steps given.
The below mentioned steps are the same for every OS version of Windows post 7:
- First, download the McAfee removal tool.
- Move to the folder where you saved the removal tool file.
- Double tap on the icon mentioned MCPR.exe to execute the tool.
- Hang on for the software to end the process. Once it has shown a message that reveals “CleanUp Successful” then restarts your PC.
Utilizing 3rd Party Software to Uninstall McAfee
If you’ve experienced that the above technique not supported you in accomplishing uninstall then you can always go for 3rd party software. The internet provides a great market for expert computer maintenance software. Such software programs as “Perfect Uninstaller” amongst others are suggested for your purchase. The software is particularly designed to fully uninstall unnecessary and unwanted programs from your computer. By utilizing this approach you’ll be able to skip all of the above steps and fully remove McAfee at the click of a single button. In case you are not satisfied with the process, contact the McAfee Antivirus Technical Support. They will definitely fix your technical issue.
Features of McAfee Antivirus Technical Support:
- McAfee Antivirus Technical Support for uninstall of outdated McAfee Antivirus.
- McAfee Antivirus Technical Support for installation of latest version of McAfee Antivirus.
- McAfee Antivirus Technical Support for boosting the speed of PC.
- McAfee Antivirus Technical Support for fixing the slow PC performance issue.
- McAfee Antivirus Technical Support to fix the latest update issue.
- McAfee Antivirus Technical Support clear cache and unnecessary temporary files.